In 2020, the global board level shields market saw a valuation of approximately US$ 362.6 million, and the future holds even greater promise for this burgeoning industry. Board level shields, also known as PCB (Printed Circuit Board) shields, play a pivotal role in safeguarding electronic components and circuits on PCBs from electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI).
These shields, constructed from materials like aluminum or copper, find applications across a spectrum of industries including telecommunications, automotive electronics, aerospace systems, and the medical sector. They are instrumental in mitigating EMI and enhancing the efficiency and durability of electronic circuits susceptible to electromagnetic disruptions.
- Rising Electromagnetic Interference: The surge in complex electronic devices and shrinking gadget sizes has heightened the need for protection against electromagnetic interference. Board level shields are vital in the market for wireless technologies and high-speed data transmission, countering EMI and bolstering electrical device efficiency.
- Stricter Regulations Drive Adoption: Stringent regulatory requirements have spurred the adoption of board level shields by electronics manufacturers. These shields offer a robust solution for producing safer, interference-resistant, and reliable products.
- Flexibility Enhances Integration: Board level shields flexibility allows for easy integration into existing circuit boards, even after the initial design phase.
- Demand for Electronics Surges: As the world demands smaller, more efficient electronic devices for consumer, automotive, healthcare, telecommunications, and industrial applications, the demand for board level shields continues to grow.
- Need for Wireless Technologies: Emerging wireless technologies such as 5G and the Internet of Things (IoT) rely on board level shields to reduce interference and boost efficiency.
- Embracing Environmental Sustainability: Electric vehicles and other eco-friendly technologies depend on board level shields to protect sensitive sensors from EMI, ensuring sustained performance.
- Compactness Presents Challenges: Miniaturization trends in electronics pose challenges for integrating board level shields into tighter spaces without interference with other components.
- Managing Heat Effectively: Board level shields can restrict airflow, potentially leading to overheating. Innovative solutions are needed to address this issue.
- Meeting Regulatory Demands: Compliance with industry standards and compatibility requirements can be challenging due to varying demands across industries.
The popularity of board level shields spans the globe. North America boasts a robust electronics industry, with aerospace research taking the lead. In Europe, the automotive industry is undergoing a sustainable revolution, driving the demand for these shields. The Asia Pacific region, particularly China and Japan, excels in electronics manufacturing, contributing to the widespread use of board level shields.
Company Recent Developments
- Laird Technologies: A leader in EMI shielding solutions, Laird Technologies has significantly contributed to the growth of the board level shields market.
- Tech-Etch: This company has entered the market with unique EMI/RFI shielding solutions for aerospace, medical, and defense industries.
- Piconics: Known for designing board level shields that fulfill the demand for miniaturization in electronics, Piconics has made a name for itself across various sectors.
The ongoing investments from these companies and others are paving the way for continued growth in the board level shields market. As a result, we can anticipate an expanded market size in the coming decades, driving the development of safer, more reliable, and compact electronic devices.
Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2023-2030 By Product, Technology, Grade, Application, End-user, Region: (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East and Africa) https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/board-level-shields-market
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad
Micah Reed is an entrepreneur, editor and businessman. he is born in 1977.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.